Relate has delivered a highly successful counselling service for the past five years to anyone affected by or living with cancer.
Cancer and its treatment can have a big impact on your relationships with your partner, family, and on your sexual relationship. We can help with issues such as:
- how to talk to your friends and family about what is happening to you
- changes and problems with relationships because one of you has cancer
- difficulties talking to and supporting each other
- problems talking to children, or parents and other relatives about cancer
- challenges in getting ‘back to normal’, as a couple or family, when cancer treatment is
- the impact on intimacy and your sex life resulting from surgery, treatment, altered body image, tiredness or anxiety.
If you or a family member are living with or are recovering from cancer, or you are caring for someone with cancer, and would like to receive counselling you can ring Relate Birmingham directly on 0121 643 1638 and ask for our Cancer Support service.
Alternatively, if you would like to speak to Macmillan regarding cancer support, whether you need help paying bills, advice on benefits or treatment, or just want to chat, you can do so by calling Macmillan directly on 0808 808 00 00 or by visiting Macmillan – Cancer Information and Support
If you are a health professional and wish to refer a client to Relate Birmingham for self-funded sessions, please call us directly on 0121 643 1638 or email your enquiry to email@example.com